Fitbit Inspire HR vs. Mi Band 4: Best value fitness tracker

It’s a fitness tracker battle between the Fitbit Inspire HR and the Xiaomi Mi Band 4. One costs $100 and the other is $40, so which one is the best value? I compare both these fitness bands on everything from how they count steps and track workouts, to measuring resting heart rate and sleep. These bands also have some smart features, like getting notifications from your phone, so let’s break down what they can do and how they compare.

Purchase Xiaomi Mi Band 4 at Walmart:
Purchase Fitbit Inspire HR at Amazon:
*CNET may get a commission from these offers

Follow Lexy on Twitter:

CNET playlists:
Download the new CNET app:
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Instagram:

#Fitbit #Xiaomi #MoreOrLess

19 thoughts on “Fitbit Inspire HR vs. Mi Band 4: Best value fitness tracker

• August 20, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Thank you Lexy, another solid comparison between two very popular devices, I think for different reasons but popular for sure. I am team Samsung Health with my Samsung Watch, I find it to be the most accurate out of all fitness trackers. Have had just about every other fitness tracker in the Fitbit family as well as every Apple Watch series, several Chinese devices and Samsung seems to be the most accurate for me.

• August 20, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Go for Mi band 4. Wearing it for last 1 month. No comparison with FitBit or Honor band 5

• August 20, 2019 at 3:06 pm

You don't need one of these to track your steps. Most phones can (passively and constantly) track your steps reasonably accurately using their onboard hardware and something like Google Fit. If you only want one of these to track steps then you're wasting your money.

• August 20, 2019 at 3:06 pm

CNET Please update your logo and thumbnails. Even though your content is good half the time I'm more likely to watch something from The Verge etc. because their videography, thumbnails are more modern. It's not 2007.

• August 20, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Another excellent video Lexy! I am going with the cheaper, I mean less expensive, Xiaomi Mi Band 4! the main factor was the screen. Maybe it was the price. Okay, it was the price. 🙂

• August 20, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Thanks for the insight. I have had a FITBIT ONE for over 5 years and FITBIT has just cancelled it. I also have an APPLE Watch 4. The problem most of my friends and work colleagues, that have wrist style fitness devices is the straps. The straps are constantly needing replacement because their longevity is very short. The other thing FITBIT just did was updated their software to include a battery % number on the IOS APP. After all these years and numerous suggestions the FITBIT software now gives a battery % number now that my FITBIT ONE is phased out and when this one dies I will not replace it because I have my Apple Watch. Finally since FITBIT and APPLE falling out I have replaced the FITBIT scales with a QUARDIO 2 that is compatible with APPLE Health APP. Bottom line the APPLE Watch is always the best choice! Thanks

• August 20, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Mi band support voice control, transport cards and Alipay in China

• August 20, 2019 at 3:06 pm

중금속에 안전할까 저 밴드 ㅠㅠ 중금속 체크부터 하시길

• August 20, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Didn't know these guys were still in business. Used to see them on everyone, now all I see are Apple product.