Galaxy Note 10: Should you upgrade?

With the Galaxy Note 10, Samsung’s made a lot of updates to its Note line. Here’s what that means for a guy who uses a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 every single day.

Check out our first look for more impressions on the Note 10 and Note 10 Plus:

CNET playlists:
Download the new CNET app:
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Instagram:

48 thoughts on “Galaxy Note 10: Should you upgrade?

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

The Note 10+ is a phone I would get. No questions asked… just take my money. But at the minute 4:23 I confirmed my suspicion. Samsung just stole or simply copied the rear design from the Huawei P30 Pro. We can see the exact same layout design with minimal alterations.

I still don't get what just happened. Did they run out of ideas?

Let me tell this, so you can understand my point.

I see Huawei as a company that is willing to copy ANY concept or technology to be relevant and stay in the game. In my perception, they fell way behind when they released a phone that was an exact copy from an iPhone's design (don’t recall which one. It was two or three years ago). The way I see it, it was desperation, a real lack of creativity, an urgent need to be cool and attract the people who were attracted to the iPhone (of that time) but could not afford it. For me, they are perceived as the “solution” if money is the problem.

Now, Samsung… the king of the hill, who has lost its rank, because it did not research enough to know that months earlier another flagship was released with design just like theirs…

That was disappointing.

They had spent so much on designing a new face, but were pretty vague in the rear. That was not cool.

For a flagship that was supposed to be unique as the 10th anniversary device… it just looks like another one that is in the market already… so what was all that about?

Nothing can be done anymore. The final phone design is now out. It cannot be modified.

For the next round, please surprise us all.

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

The nail polish everytime I blink my eyes I see the nail polish once I noticed it was distracting me from focusing on the shiny phones as to the nail polish was a little bit more shinier than the phone's

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

Hey, definitely buy one of new note 10 and plus. Just I am not the one can afford to buy a new phone!

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

leave the phone aside, wtf going on with his finger nails

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

Is upgrading from my Note 5 to the 10 a good move? My 5 is on it's last leg. The camera is by far the #1 feature I look at in a phone. Couldn't really care less about the other features. Been holding out for the 10 hoping for a major upgraded camera.

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

I really love ur channel. Could u give me the note 10 please it will really help in my studies as i now have difficulties to have a device for studies please thankyou

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

I'm selling a Note 9 128g on Offerup, in Houston for $480. I'm willing to ship it if necessary. Its completely unlocked, clean IMEI, and I'll throw in a Otterbox defender pro and 2 more cases plus the box. It doesnt have any marks, not even micro ones. Had it a month and never used it, it's been in the box. Ill prove to you it's legit anyway I can. I already have one, dont need 2 of them 😑
    Message me if your interested

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

The note 10 reminds me of Dark Phoenix.
    The Note 9 and below reminds me of Logan.

So should you upgrade?
    Don't put a question in a titleol of the video that you don't intend to answer

Nai…..
    1st.) Too expensive
    2.) I am not rich af
    3.) Just bought potato OnePlus 6 9 months ago ;__;
    I am f9 with snapdragon 845 for now

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

Cnet web page says that Samsung is giving $150 promotion for the note 10+ regardless of retailer/carrier. This promotion isn't on Samsung's site. Was that part incorrect?

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

Minus nail polish he is 100% correct. I am on an 8 and I am fine. Very distracting that nail polish

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

Where did you buy your nail polish? Because I absolutely loved it and I want to buy some. You rocked that nail police btw.

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

I am still using my Galaxy note 3 and no problems with it yet. But the new notes look good though.

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

I think it would be way better if they call it Note 10 and Note 10e. Just like how the S10e isn't necessarily an upgrade from the S9+/S9. Also, the differences between the Note 10 and Note 10+ is a lot so Note 10e would make more sense.

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

The only thing i like about this "new phone" is the aura glow color, which is something i wouldn't see often anyways because i always use a flip case with all my phones, so yeah, i'll pass on the "NEW" flagship. I don't know if it's just me, but for the past two years or so, every "NEW" phone that has come out from every brand, is making the upgrade or the impulse to buy the new phone a lot less compelling, simply because i feel that i'm not getting anything new really worth the price or emotion. I mean, my two year old flagship LG V30+ does everything newer phones do, and probably more, since newer phones don't even have a headphone jack, let alone quad hifi DACs with an awesome amplifier to drive my in ear monitors which cost more than the new Samsung Flagship. So, i'm sticking with my LG V30+ until they come up with something newer and really worth the "Price and Upgrade".

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

How will you turn it off if something goes wrong on the OS won't let you see or touch

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

Removal of the heart rate sensor.
    Removal of the headphone jack.
    1080p on the Note 10e.
    Bixby + Power key.
    The way you now have to power off the device, very Apple.
    Removal of the SD card slot on the Note 10e.
    All for one-grand?
    Keeping my Note 9.
    Very disappointed, Samsung.

• August 9, 2019 at 6:32 am

We need to stop spending money on those new phones. Nothing special we are being brainwashed